Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Once upon a time......

SHHHH.......................!

Don't tell Michelle yet.

(and Michelle if this is you don't peek until you get your box!)


It's time for a party and with the help of Artsymama it has become much easier to plan for.

Kari organized a Vintage party themed swap.


My partner was Michelle at Life On this good day.

I was just so excited about sharing all the fun stuff I just sent off, I had to show it to you.

I found this adorable story,

Molly & Mimi the mouse twins

By Anne-Marie Dalmais, Illustrated by Annie Bonhomm.

I had never seen it before but it is now one of my favorites.

I used it as my theme for her Springtime/ Fairytale party.

Everything came together so perfectly.

A set of 8 peach colored carnival glass goblets, an ecru apron with a rose , a lace tablecloth, spring colored garlands, millinery flowers, ribbons and bows.

I pulled it out and shared my findings to all my friends and family who all graciously appeased me with smiles as I showed them.

My friend Josie even showed up with cookies she made and decorated to match the theme!

I made for her what every respectable hostess at a fairytale party needs ...............


A Crown !

So Michelle I hope you have a fun party!

I would have also sent you the fairy godmother to help you clean up your party..............

but she's going to be busy cleaning up mine!

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

ok wow!!! all of this is fabulous!!!
what a great buudy you are!!!
oxooox,
jessi

Unknown said...

What an imaginative creation for your party swap. I saw this swap on Artsy Mama's blog a while back, but it seemed a bit too challenging for me. You succeeded in making it look effortless, but I know it wasn't I am sure your partner will be thrilled at your gorgeous party theme. Karen

Cheryl Ensom said...

Gorgeous! I especially love that crown! INCREDIBLE.

Alisa Noble said...

OOOO, I absolutely love your swap items! The crown is so pretty!
I read your profile and I love everything you wrote for your interests! OH, and Harold and Maude!... love that movie... haven't seen that in ages.
Thanks for popping over and saying HI at my blog. Stop by any time.
Have a beautiful day!
Alisa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by today Sabii Wabii! Your blog is so pretty and nice. I like your style!

Constance

Nic Hohn said...

I had to come and see your site after reading your blog name!lol Beautiful creations.

Veleta (Sammy) said...

You are just going to bow over your partner! Everything is amazing! and your crown you made is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Terisa- you have a lucky partner!!
D.

Unknown said...

Terisa,
I stopped back to tag you to play in a blogging game. Stop by and join in the fun. Karen

Leigh said...

Oh, total vintage party delight! I just adore the entire post! You have a really lovely blog!!!

Natasha Burns said...

oh my gosh lucky Michelle!!! this is amazing! i adore that crown so much!

Felicia said...

Stunning :)

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Oh wow wow wow!!! This is utterly enchanting! What a lucky woman your swap partner is!!!!!

Jen Glover said...

Oh how beautiful! Just gorgeous!

Fete et Fleur said...

I love this! The crown is absolutely gorgeous!

xx Nancy

Pearl said...

Hi and thanks for coming to visit my blog! So glad you liked my "haul" from last week when I went thrifting... ~chuckles~ It is addicting, isn't it?!

Your blog is wonderful and I'm lovin' the name... heheheee!! I must confess that I, along w/your friends here, am totally lovin' the enchanting crown you created. Ahhhh, such are dreams.... Please visit anytime!

~smiles~
Pearl

Rosa said...

Hi Terisa,
Thank you for stopping by my blog, and commenting, I truly appreciate it.
Your blog is definitely one I'll visit often!
Have a great day,
Rosa