It turns out that it is a one of a kind and has sold for a mere $795.
I love it, so this weekend was dedicated to a DIY project.
Here's what I did.
Out came the bin of costume jewelry.
I cut a basic collar shape out of felt and began laying the design out.
The key was one central piece to hold the eye and then fill in with existing pieces.
I stitched what I could for two reasons:
One, I'm a stitchin' kind of gal
Two, I was concerned about too much glue making it rigid.
When it came to old earrings, I had to cut the posts off.
Pieces I could not stitch, I did glue with liquid nails. It worked great!
After all the jewelry was done being fastened down, I cut the felt close to the edge and hand stitched silk onto the back with a tiny blanket stitch.
Two long ties were made from the dupioni silk and hand stitched on.
It turned out awesome!
On my next DIY project weekend,
I'm going to do another with my gold jewelry on a winter white silk background.