Saturday, December 4, 2010

DIY: Wire Flower Brooch

What a tangled web we weave...
or I wove...
well crocheted.

Tools needed:
Thin 28 -30 gauge wire, crochet hook (J), really cool vintage beads.


Pre-thread on beads. It was easy to slide one up and crochet in when needed.
Helpful hint:The wire on the spool wants disparately to uncoil.
I allowed about 18" out at a time, keeping the wire clipped into its grove on the top of the spool , allowing out only what I needed.

There is a rhyme and reason to this design believe it or not.

It is the exact same as any basic crocheted flower.

In case you were wondering, messy is just fine.

Wire on a bar pin to the back.
Helpful hint: Place it just above center. If it's centered it will not lie flat when worn.

Wear as a brooch or on a velvet ribbon as a Victorian choker.


2 comments:

Michaele Sommerville said...

Exquisite! But how did you NOT go blind?!?!? It's beautiful, but my long mane would have to be seriously braided and tamed before I could entertain putting such an elaborate brooch on my lapel...

My hair can be a bit TOO friendly with brooches. Unfortunately they're never friendly back.

Kai said...

EGADS! I have to try one of these TODAY! Seriously! Got my J hook out already AND my wire. Just need to pull some beads! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!