Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hip Hero's


 Hubbie and I were "Cool"...at least in my mind we were.


That was until we had kids reminding us everyday we seemed to lack in the "Hip" department 
(my word not theirs). 


I think theirs might be "Rad" or "Phatt". 


Since I am at an age where weight and awareness go hand in hand,
being called "Phatt" is not my idea of "Cool".


Officially this week, I believe I am an "empty nester". 
Not too sure since I still can not see the floor in her room. 


 So with an empty house, we now can get back to the foundation of who we really are. 
It seemed appropriate to recreate our true identities....


We decided to paint life size figures first.


As our "Phattness" might get in the way of our "Hipness" inside spandex, at this time.

1 comment:

vivian said...

I think if we successfully raise any amount of children and they grow and move out on their own, that we really are some kind of superheros! So the paintings are very appropriate!
I will be joining you in the empty nest department very soon. my son has rented a house, but is painting it and fixing it up a bit before he moves in.. soon soon soon!!!! I'm looking forward to it. they all live close enough so I still see them all the time, otherwise, id be a wreck!
enjoy!
vivian