Saturday, February 6, 2010

Paper Gowns, artist Lisa Griffith

This paper couture is by Lisa Griffith.
The dresses are fashioned out of regular tabloid paper with color xerox prints that Lisa created.
I just about fell out of my chair when I found these. The workmanship is outstanding, the photography superb and it is just brilliant creativity at its finest.
Each gown is titled and the copy paper images are thematic.
You can read more about this project at Papier Couture.
Freedom

Abundance


Mystery



Peace

Passion



Creativity

Illumination
I first found these images at Red Hot Brides.com which is a great site for some delectable evening wear.

6 comments:

Saz said...

those are frikking awesome....thanks for sharing them, l would never have seen them otherwise...


saz aka FFF

Pam Aries said...

mouth open...O

Natasha Burns said...

Wow they're absolutely amazing!!!
Who would've thought you could get such beautiful work from paper?

Just wanted to let you know too, that I emailed you a couple of days ago but many of my emails go to spam - if my email is not in your inbox, would you please look for it in your junk folder? I wanted to ask you something, it's all good :)

Lissie said...

How lovely and wonderful dresses!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

These are gorgeous. I can't imagine thinking paper could turnout such stunning dressing. I love these.

Unknown said...

these are just amazing.....I am starting on a newspaper dress today...it is funny I found these on your blog...I can safely say that my dress wont look like these! I wish, but I know better....