Thursday, November 20, 2008

Needles in waiting

I have this Mary Engelbreit teapot pincushion sitting on my sewing table. I'm always changing up needles for different fabrics. (Not nearly as often as I should but I've broken way too many 11's on jeans!)
So I FINALLY devised an easy way to keep my needles in waiting.
See the red Sharpie numbers at the top?
I wrote in 9,11,14,16,18, Leather and Stretch around the upper edge. When not in use I stick the sewing machine needle into it's appropriate position. The basic rule of thumb is newer needles on top, used needles below.
Works great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, if I broke that many sewing needles I'd be chucking a huge tanty. Love the teapot... and my word verification for today is CRUNTS. ha ha ha ha

vivian said...

great idea!! Im no wheres near that organized!! I have an empty room just waiting to become my craft room but need to collect some furniture (will need to be thrifted!) lighting, a rug and stuff! then maybe I'll be more organized!
hugs
vivian

Madi said...

THIS IS TOOOO ADORABLE LOVE IT!!

Marilyn said...

What a great system! Love your pincushion!

3rdEyeMuse said...

clever Grasshopper! (and I am just realizing that I actually need different types of needles ... thank goodness I'm not being graded!