Friday, June 20, 2008

Black and Blue

This week seemed to be a tribute to Black and Blue.

I must have needed a quick visual neutralization from the color Red for a few days.

My buddy Lauren and I put together our first "Diaper Cake" for a baby shower this weekend. Flickr has about a million photos of these cute gifts. They are fun and easy to put together. The secrete tip is to fold the diapers in half and place them inside a ring of elastic. That holds them in place nicely.

```````````````````````
I received an order for an apron this week.

Can you tell I've become quite addicted to creating these?

I sent the pink and yellow one over for a donation gift to The Pink Artist Project for
Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Research.

You can place a donation and have your name entered into the drawing by going to

Breast cancer has now touched the lives of my mother-in-law, aunt, two best friends and most recently a male friend....

So guys, you too need to GET checked!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

girlgonethreadwild said...

I showed a friend your apron donation knowing she would FLIP OUT at its beauty and her response was, "I just doubled my donation!" lol

These aprons are GORGEOUS!!! I admit I'd prob CRY if I dropped a single strawberry or STAINED it in any way -laughs- Now to learn to COOK clean... that's my new goal. haha

After reading how breast cancer has touched the lives of your loved ones I just had to stop in and tell you that FIGHTING this fight with you, side by side is a great honor and privilege. Thank you for all that you have done and are doing to help us reach our goal this Aug-Oct!!!

Now, grabbing your hand to jump from roof top to roof top shouting, "GET CHECKED NOW!!!"

Oh what a beautiful thing it is to be your friend.

~Monica :)

Anonymous said...

How adorable cute is that diaper cake! OH and the apron...FABULOUS!!
Love that you donated the pink one...I am inspired to donate too!!
As always such a wonder "eye candy" day when I come to visit...makes me wish that I sewed!! But I will leave that to the ones who SEE the possibilities in fabric...And you do it so WELL!

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

What a beautiful apron! I love the diaper cake too! I saw a wedding cake similar to that & they used towels, washclothes & kitchen utensils. She even put a feather duster on top for adornment! I too have donated a prize for the pink artist project, such a wonderful cause. Hugs***Renea

Kari said...

Love the apron! WOW:)
Kari

Faith's Vintage Vanity said...

I love the diaper cake! What a cutie! Your aprons are PRECIOUS also. Just came by for a quick visit, see ya again soon.

Faith

Jana Nielson said...

Hello Mrs. Wabbi! (heh heh heh)
I love the diaper cake, but I hope I never get one!! i have been having these nightmares lately that I am pregnant AGAIN...even though dh is "fixed"....try explaining that one to the family!!
Those aprons are divine...as usual! You are an amazing artist **envy**

Kai said...

That diaper cake is WAAAAY too cute! And the apron? Worthy of June Cleaver, Harriet Nelson, or Margaret Anderson! FOR SURE! I'm sooo donating! (I was going to ANYWAY, of course, but would I mind winning the apron? Heck no!It'd be SUPER!)

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE your aprons! The patterns and flowers and colors....fantastic!!!

Marilyn said...

How gorgeous is that apron!!! I don't know anyone that can turn fabric into such beauty the way you can! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the butterfly bag but the apron reminded me of me!!!! Lovely stuff! I am still worn out from the tea party yesterday! whew! That was fun!
The cake was delicious!!!!
:)
kim