Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Burbank Baby

My daughter moves to LA...country girl in a BIG city.
Kind of like Beverly Hillbilly's, only I'll call her "Burbank Baby".

Burbank Baby moves in with my brother, Mr. Hollywood. Well, kind of moves in, actually she is the office mascot until she has enough money to move out.

She is now employed, kind of, as an assistant/secretary/office guru/organizer/sponsor/geek squad/girl Friday in an office on the 20th floor.

She informs me she has never been in an elevator over three stories and has vertigo for 10 minutes after she arrives on her floor each morning. None of the office doors are marked but lucky for her she was a great art history student and remembers that her office sits next to the Degas painting.

So here we go....
One Ringy Dingy,

Two Ringy Dingy,

What my Dingy said to my Ringy today!

"I had a hard day at work, so I took my book, ipod and pillow to the back and fell asleep. I just woke up and I'm locked out of the office on the back patio, three floors up!"

The staff when leaving the office locked up and didn't think that Burbank Baby might be asleep out back. Who would?

Now here's the problem....no one is answering their phones and Mr. Hollywood is teaching an "ACTING" class until 10!
So she calls home. We're 400 miles away!

We go to Money Bags (rich daughter) who has the iphone with text messaging abilities. She texts Mr. Hollywood in class.

Mr. Hollywood sends one of his "ACTING" students over to save the day!


All's well and Burbank Baby is once again safe! Yes, this is the daughter that locked her keys in the car on the way down to LA two weeks ago.

I LOVE STILL BEING NEEDED!

Editorial note, all photos were done by Money Bags (rich daughter).

11 comments:

Heidi Alfonzo said...

I love this!! Best wishes to Burbank Baby! :)

muralimanohar said...

OMG..you are scaring the crap outta me...this is going to be my boy when he finally leaves the house! He lives in an alternate reality to the rest of us, and practicality is not very strong in that reality. Oy.

Jana Nielson said...

I love this story!! It sounds like a sitcom!!
I can't wait to hear what trouble she finds (or finds her) next!

LOVE the pictures....Yet another little understood people that serve us!

Fete et Fleur said...

WOW! What's a mother to do? I'm glad everything turned out OK!

Nancy

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

This was SO funny!
I love the pictures, and the nicknames are pretty cute.
LOL
Amber

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

My gosh you are hysterical!!! The telling of this event, although I'm sure it was quite scary for Burbank Baby, still made me laugh. It's helpful to have such a network to relay messages and find a rescuer. (and for you to be needed)Good thing she brought the phone with her out back.
These photos are amazing...you have quite a family!
XOXOXO
p.s. a couple of years ago my niece moved to Texas - one night about 11 she calls me to say she's lost. I am in CA. I get her to find a street name and I google map her location to get her back home. Yes, I felt needed....but the silly part was she was living with her brother at the time (my nephew) but didn't want to call him and him razz her for getting lost.
Kids!

3rdEyeMuse said...

the story was great, but Money Bags photo's took it to a whole nother level. :)

ps - one of your pretty little pink ribbon bobbins was in my Think Pink package ... 10,000 thank yous, a sincere cyber hug and a huge ear-to-ear grin of glee.

Veleta (Sammy) said...

those pictures are so awesome!!!! Is this the daughter who was with my at debi's house?

Erica said...

Hi Terisa, strange how coincidences happen, I've followed a link and discovered your blog just as my daughter is landing in LA. She is on her way to Mexico for 3 weeks, stopping in LA for a few days sightseeing - I certainly hope we don't get any phone calls like yours because we are 12000 kms away!

Anonymous said...

I just read this to my daughter as she was leaving for school. She plans to go to LA for school in a year and a half.Maybe I need to set up a life line with your brother??
D.
Great post and photos-tell Money Bags

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What a great story!