Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Second half

I am finally getting around to posting the second half of my fun and frivolous day with Sue. After the trip to "Tinsel and Treasures" Sue says, " Oh, I want to show you a shop I used to have some of my art in". So we headed downtown and ended up at "The Gardenseed".

OK, first, you must be sitting down.

Second, you need to know the name of the store has nothing to do with garden supplies even though Robyn, the owner, had flowers in the back seat of her car when I took this photo!

Third, try to remember to breath throughout the next few minutes and if your anything like me you will have a craft addicts adrenaline rush so you will need time in your studio immediately following to decompress.


Are you ready for some EYE CANDY?

You walk into a pink palace with STUFF EVERYWHERE.


It's hanging from the ceilings,


collected on the walls

and displayed on the floor.

Glitter, glitz,

everything colorful

and beautiful is twinkling all around you.

You feel like your walking inside a kaleidoscope.

It's hard to decide where to allow your eye to land in fear of missing something.

Hours and hours could be spent in this store.

Robyn, the owner and Ann, the manager said on

September 25th from 3-8 The Gardenseed in Danville, CA will be having a trunk show featuring some of the artists whose work they show.

The invitation says fun, food and libations. I'm not too sure what a "libation" is but I do know that if it's happening at THIS store it is well worth the visit!

Breath...


in...out....in....


and now run to your studio!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

You always crack me up...after devouring all that eye candy inspiration, you had to sprint to your art studio. Whenever I spend a day with that much inspiration dancing with the creative muse I come home too tired to create. Thank you for sharing your adventure. That place looks amazing. Don't tell anyone here in Massachusetts, shhhhhhhhh, but California has the most excellent creative places. Have a wonderful weekend. Karen

Jessi Nagy said...

yum yum yummy!!!!
i want that car!!
tee hee
hope al is well.
oxooxx,
jessi

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Teresa... my mouth is dropped... what (am speechless) I could just roam and roam and dive into this store... unreal and yet so vital!

Fete et Fleur said...

*Faint*

Nancy

Melanie said...

What color, fabulous! It looks like the Winn Hotel in Las Vegas!

DMG said...

Thank you for sharing this magical mystery tour of inspiration! My mouth is actually watering from all the color and sparkly things. I think that, if I lived in CA, I would never want to go home. Your photos and writing are wonderful too!

Hugs,
Alberta

Jana Nielson said...

That shop is amazing!!! **sigh**

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

When I was driving in to town towards the show that day I caught sight of the pink VW! Of course my heart palpated at that moment because I so badly want a convertible VW beetle...and wouldn't pink be heavenly? BUT I had no idea it was a garden store it was referring to. So you know where I may be going to tomorrow don't you? I had to breathe in and out to calm down from those parasols! I should have trailed after you and Sue that day!
I'll let you know if I go whether or not I had to have oxygen!
Thanks for the heads up....I think. "wink wink"
XOXOXO

Tinsell and Whimsy said...

I never thought I could say that photos could be as good as seeing things for real.......but yours are. What a professional and artistic job. No chance you can do that with people too....well.... actually make them look better than they really are. Little did I know what the stunning end results would be, as you were clicking away. Hats, beanies, caps, etc. off to you!
Sue

AwtemNymf said...

wow- I would have been hypnotized with all those colors and candy! Sounds like a fun store! And it's in California.... my state! I'll look it up sometime! That car was cute! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend!

jenclair said...

Oh, my! I do love that car! And then there is the shop!

All that creative inspiration and food and liquid refreshments! Lucky, lucky you to be able to attend -- I'm eagerly awaiting the after the trunk show pictures!

Betty said...

OMG! Where is Danville and how do I get there from here? That store looks amazing and her car is so cute!!

FAQ said...

oh, i am breating now. You are so much fun....and this shop!!!! I'm so jealous. Oh, I would have....well i'm just not going to say it. I would have been very excited and happy to see this store. She had me with the volkswagon! Hugs!

trisha too said...

that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

PRETTY!!!
Did you get your pinks yet?
Libations are drinks I think?
Alcohol?

Amber

Carolyn said...

I love that VW Bug!

Just surfin' the blogs and found you. I wanted to say Hi and nice blog!

Stop by and see me sometime....
www.thebarberbunch.blogspot.com

turquoise cro said...

W*********0*********W!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I believe a Libation would be a social drink with alcohol....I am not sure I could handle alcohol inside a kaleidoscope of color...I don't know how store owners keep thinks looking so beautiful when there is so much to dust and clean.... I love the looks of that store, and wish it were down the street from where I live. I would love to visit there.....
Hey, I mailed your OZ package today! Yahoo!!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

... pretty sure that you've discovered one wing of heaven. :)

vivian said...

wow! love this post and all these colors!! drooling here! where have I been that I've been missing your posts?? I thought I had you on my list of blogs.. and you are missing.. so I will put you back! I must have dropped you (on accident) when I switched to the blogroll!
hugs!
vivian

Journal Swag said...

This place looks to DIE for! Amazing!! Wish I were close!

Sheila