Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yummy

Do you know how good this is? This is a white chocolate, macadamia nut, cheese cake with caramel topping. It falls into a category of, "one of the best things in life". Yummy!

Do you know what this is?

It falls into a category of, "one of the most fun days in my life".
Tinsell and Whimsy Sue and I planned for six weeks to attend this show. Actually, I don't know too much about it. I am just looking forward to hanging out with a really creative friend for a day.

Driving over, Sue's asking me names. Names of artists. Well, here's the scoop. Sue's new to blogging. She knows names, I only know alias'. You know, how you all introduce yourself in blogland.
So ....the names go to these alias' who are amazing artists, who's work I've now admired for this past year. There they stand in person!
Yep, this day was second best to meeting Bob Mackie!

Here's some yummies from the show.

Hanging bat necklaces by, Ulla Milbrath aka Ullabenulla

Beetle baby necklaces by, Ulla Milbrath aka Ullabenulla


ULLA!

Yep, in person and talking to me! Yep, the one and only. The Ulla who EVERY SINGLE BLOG LINKS ! Talking to me, uh huh, that's right.

Hallows Eve shadow box featured in Somerset by, Iva Wilcox aka Iva's Creations

Sculpture art by, Iva Wilcox aka Iva's Creations

OH my Gosh...Lisa! aka A Whimsical Bohemian and founder of One World One Heart .

I had been looking forward to meeting her and she is just as COOL as I thought she might be.
She's posing with the effervescent, Donna O"Brian aka The Ribboned Crown.
Without every having met Donna before I can tell you I have a feeling she's quite mischievous.

Sylvia Anderson with my buddy Sue...see Ulla's necklace that she had just purchased and the bat circling her head ready to perch in her hair?


Seasonal ornaments by, Sylvia Anderson aka well OK, Sylvia Anderson

Dolls by, Colleen Moody aka Merry Wishes and Vintage Dreams

This paint pallet you may recognize from Somerset magazine. This was created by Connie Govea Stuart, a Director's Circle Artist. Connie isn't blogging yet, therefore has the time to create AMAZING artwork.

Paper art by, Connie Govea Stuart

Art work by, you guessed it, Donna O'Brien, aka The Ribboned Crown. We arrived early and she only had two crowns left!

Cute , colorful and whimsical art by Gina Gabriell aka Elevenmorning. Gina is soon to open a store in Dublin, California called, Tangerine. Just in time for your Christmas shopping.


And this was just the first half of the day. Wait til you see photos of the second half of the yummy day!

11 comments:

Tinsell and Whimsy said...

Bravo.....if I had not of been there.......I could have sworn I was with your great pictures and narrative. Lucky me to know you! Always a blast to hang out with you........... the best of the best, and you are nice too!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Terisa it was such a pleasure meeting you! You have the best smile! And what a delightful post! You are as sweet as that yummy cheesecake!! So glad you and Sue came to visit our little neck of the woods at the show. I can't wait to read what the rest of your day held. I had so much fun Saturday and I look forward to seeing and maybe working with you soon! Hugs to you...Iva

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the visit. I could have spent HOURS at that lovely event but with two 4 year olds running around outside it didn't allow for leisurely visits. I imagine you know all about that! Were you a vendor that I somehow missed? I couldn't have been that rushed could I? Isn't Ulla amazing? She's introduced me to so many amazing people. I just adore her - and her little bat babies!Anyhow, I hope to attend (or participate) in more shows with such amazing women. What an inspirational day. In fact, I spent the entire day in my studio blazing through "stuff" because of the ripple effect! Hope to meet you in the future!

Anonymous said...

SO FUN!!!! But now, the more important issue....getting Bravo back on your TV!! That is so not okay!!
Great to meet you. Terisa :)
D.

AwtemNymf said...

Oh Man! I would have loved to have gone to that show. We don't have any like that in my area, that I know of. Those are neat- the bat necklaces! I know someone that would LOVE to have one. I'll see if I can find one for her!
Wonderful that you got to meet your fellow craftians! Fun to be had! Kudos!

Mahala said...

Isn't Lisa fun? I was lucky enough
to travel with Lisa and a group to Sedona a few months back.
All the wonderful crafts you posted...I wish I were in California for that!

Fete et Fleur said...

I wanted to go to this event, but with my crazy schedule I wasn’t able to. Thanks for sharing your photos! I felt like I was there.

Nancy

. said...

So happy you came with sue...or did sue come with you? You guys didn't get into any trouble after you left did you? I could see it in your eyes. Thank you so much for giving our little show such an amazing post. It was a great day and even better because you visited.
xo
Colleen

Marilyn said...

I can only imagine what an incredible day that must have been--such top of the line artists all in one place! Your work would also be perfect in a show like that--maybe next time?
Thanks, Terisa, for sharing your pics. I'm excited to see the rest of them...Marilyn:)

Unknown said...

Oh, Terisa, you are so lucky to have attended this event. So many wonderful artists, and so many wonderful treasures and what a great desert. I agree with you this sounded like such a yummy event. Speaking of events, I posted today about Project Blogway. See you tomorrow. Karen

3rdEyeMuse said...

wow - I have a feeling I would have been agog at all the wonders!

... did you happen to save a bit of the cheesecake for me? just wonderin. :)