Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tree Angel, I mean Faerie

If you haven't seen the Nov/Dec 09 issue of Somerset Studio it's a, "curl up, cozy read with a bit of drool added".


What made me pull it off the shelf was the artwork by Peter Clark.


I am so intrigued by college work and the use of "free"...I mean, "recycled" or the new and better term "up-cycled material".

A garbage can, a bottle of Aleene's® glue and I'm good to go!


Another great project featured in the magazine is a "Holly Angel" by Marsha Williams. (I've looked all over but can't find Marsha on the Internet. If you know of contact info for her please let me know.)


So I grabbed the glue and started digging in the "yellow bin" (I have a bin for each color) and here's what I came up with.


Burbank Baby and I decided to do a Saturday workshop here in Napa so we put some kits together. The left over ones I've put for sale on Etsy.


They are packed with goodies and come complete except for the Aleene’s® glue. All colors are available.

This is a great gift for those friends that purge everything because they won't already own all this cool stuff! Also great for after the holidays, just rename her a tree "faerie".

4 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Whoa MaMa!! That is so cool!!

Creepy Margaret said...

Happy Birthday old girl, old pal!
Hey, how did you get music on you blog?

3rdEyeMuse said...

oh yeah, one yummy magazine ... can't wait to have one in my grubby little paws.

love, love, love the kits you put together!

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Lovely, I was just droooling over your square at Girl Gone Thread Wild. What a fun collaboration!!

Also, happpy Happppy belated Merry Little Birthday, to you!!!

I must get that Somerset issue!

CUTE lil' treat art making filled bags!

Happy Day!! Vanessa