Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Children's Art Classes

Another successful art class.
This project worked for both kindergarten and fourth graders.
With Napa Valley California in full color right now, it was easy to pull inspiration from the vines.
I drew out large leaf shapes onto 8 1/2" x 11" white craft paper.
The collage materials were bins of colored "stuff" , mostly toss aways, that I divided into warm color and cool colors.
With glue sticks in hand the kids collaged their individual leaves.
I brought them home and applied a coat of watered down Elmers glue to help adhere and seal them. I individually cut each of them into the leaf shapes. This would have been difficult for the age of students I had. The canvases were painted with black acrylic for the four grade triptych, 18" x 36" and cream for the kindergartners 18" x 24" and 24" x 36".
I glued down the leaves and applied Liquitex Acrylic medium gloss to seal the art. I love how the kids choice of colors popped against the backgrounds.
These are now off to an art fund raiser for the school.

No comments: