Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dragonfly

There is something very magical about dragonflies. I'm not too sure exactly why I'm so attracted to them, but I'm not the only one.

flickr: manguiwau

There are thousands of amazing photos on Flickr alone dedicated to these insect.


waterdragonfly


They come in a rainbow of colors, eat the bad bugs in the yard and are harmless. When you arrive at my front door you're greeted by a chair that I painted with one on it.



I signed up for "Pay It Forward" with Angelina at Angelina's Trinkets and this flew to my front door! This wonderful beaded dragonfly that she made.






He now lives connected to a stained glass mirror that has the same colors in the floral roses that surround it . He looks like he has always belonged there. Thank you Angelina




While on my search for interesting photos I found this artist, Wanda at Wanda Designs. She is making these wonderful polymer clay pins.


By the way, my very favorite store is in St Helena, California. Right on Main street and can you guess what the name is?


DRAGONFLY!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Dogwood Paper Arts said...

Thank you for posting my little dragonfly. I love the way you took pictures of them. Just wonderful.

Did you stop by the tagging party at my site? Stop back by for some fun at the party, open all night long and you could be a winner as well.

Angelina

Unknown said...

Oh me oh my what a wonderful dragonfly, angelina is so talented. How lucky you are to get this

Unknown said...

Wow, what gorgeous work. I love, love what your wrote about yourself..."one tumbled out!" I am so thrilled that you left a comment and let me know how the Lord is blessing your life with creativity. I am adding your lovely blog to my favorites, and will be back often. Blessings, Karen

Anonymous said...

that's a lovely dragonfly collection you have here!! and angelina's is gorgeous, i need work on my pif's after easter! thanks for the reminder.

woof nanny said...

Wow--you painted that? Gorgeous. I love all the other images too. Thanks for stopping by my blog today with kind words--I really appreciate it.

muralimanohar said...

Wow..that red dragonfly and those polymer clay ones are GORGEOUS!!!!