Monday, February 18, 2008

The Pink Artist

Monica Magness, at girl gone thread wild has come up with a fantastic idea titled "the pink artist". It is a community of artists joining together to create one joint art doll to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. When the doll is complete, it will be mailed in to Art Doll Quarterly™ and then auctioned off on eBay at a later date.


One of my closest friends went to meet the Lord this last April from breast cancer. She had such a creative spirit I can't think of a better way to honor her, then by participating in this project.


ALL PROCEEDS WILL DIRECTLY BENEFIT CHARITY.


Go check out the site and get involed. Deadline is March 1, 2008.

1 comment:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Thank you Terisa for this wonderful post! I'm delighted to be working with you, please know that I will treat your square with the utmost care. What a great tribute for your friend, her strength & courage to fight is the obvious reason I organized this project. I mean it when I say this doll could not be created without you, thank you for your support and contribution to the Pink Artist Project. kindly, Monica :)

Your name is on our list, thank you for staying on top of this for me... for some reason blogger is showing some comments as non-reply and I'm unable to track down the blog, but we have yours now. ;)